Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Her First Day of School

My baby girl started a summer school program at the University last week.  Two days a week from 9:00 to 12:00 this little one has an army of professionals assigned to her.  They are helping develop her communication skills, expand her vocabulary, and (the coolest to me) teaching her to be more aware of her listening helpers.  There are audiologists, professors, and SLP students who get to love on her, helping her grown in all these ways, while I watch through a one way window.  I am always so hesitant to leave my girls, but this baby was ready.  She is so tiny in her little class as she is sporting her 18 month little sundresses and size 6 sandals, but she is watching and learning so much.  Of course, her baby doll is welcome in class too as the baby literally never, never leaves her side.  By the end of the first day, she was exhausted, and so were Anna Mei and I as we tagged along.  I am a bit relieved that the program runs only five weeks as keeping up this commute would be hard. In the fall, she will get to attend preschool in the same incredible school district where our Jilly attends, but for the summer we are so thrilled she has an opportunity at the University.  We are so blessed to live so close to so many superior services for our babes.  I can't wait to see where this summer takes her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment