Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Serving With My Babies

Our youth group serves a free meal downtown a few times a year, and it is my favorite place to take my babies to serve.  It is a tangible way for them to understand that others don't have all that we do..abundant food, shelter, the love of the Lord are so lacking to so many in this world.
They feel so good that they can be a part of "working for the Lord", as my Anna Mei always calls it, to serve the poor.
It is always crazy having four littles in tow while trying to accomplish work, but it is so very worth it as they get to experience the Lord for themselves as they meet people and serve them.  It is so refreshing too that children have no barriers to just sitting right down to talk with someone regardless of how different they might look.  This time there were also many children at the meal, and to watch my babies sharing their toys and playing on the floor alongside those precious babes who came to get their bellies full when they otherwise might have been empty was so beautiful.  What a blessing being able to serve with this crazy crew during this meal has been to me!  I pray these times have a lasting impact on my little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment