Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

This Morning...

This morning I watched my six year old from across the world play lovingly with the Nativity on top of our cabinet.  That nativity has been displayed on top of that cabinet for each of the 21 years that I have been married.  Never did I dream that a sweet girl..my daughter.. with Chinese eyes would be playing with it.  My dreams were so small..and God's plans were so BIG.  I watched her position Jesus and Mary just right along with the shepherds, sheep, and angel.  I saw her stroke the baby Jesus' head, and kiss his sweet, porcelain cheek..and I was led into overwhelming gratefulness that the Lord would entrust me with the privilege of raising up these babes for Him.  Words to describe such a gift are so under whelming.  What a unimaginable miracle that this little girl is here in the United States growing such a gigantic heart for a Savior who has loved her in the darkest of times.  Darker times than I may ever know in my life, but as I watch God redeem each and every one of those dark, dark moments for Him I understand so much more fully what it means for me to be adopted myself by Him.  It is such an intense and incredible honor to be able to raise these girls, and be the one they call Momma.  I pray with an earnest heart that during my loudest, craziest days as I care for my girls-I will remember to give thanks that I have an opportunity to care for them.  I pray again and again that the gospel will be so real to them as they grow that they listen intently for God's voice, and use their lives to bring Glory to Him in ways I could never even dream for them.  I certainly never dreamed God would give me such an honor, but I praise Him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment