Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Day Six-Reflections From My Hospital Bed

I'll never get over the feeling of this new life kicking inside of me. That God would bless me so with this little being is really unbelievable at my age, but here I sit this morning anticipating his birth in just nine days as I feel his legs wrangling around inside my womb. Who could of guessed that God had this for us? This morning as I enjoy the movement of this growing life inside me I feel myself drawn to think of my girls' birth mommas. How did it feel to know and love the life growing inside you only to surrender that shortly after birth? I have shed a tear or two at the injustice of it all and prayed, as I do often, for the mommas whose wombs my babies grew in. What a precious gift born out of loss and brokenness these babies are to me. What sorrow I have for all their birth mommas have missed. This morning as I rejoice in this new life growing inside me, I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness for those mommas who sacrificed much for their babes. Grateful for this perspective and the way that it leads me to pray for the women facing so much loss. Thanking God that my girls stories didn't end with the loss and that God continues to cause such beauty to come from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment