Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Reflections From My Hospital Bed

It is 4 o'clock in the morning and here I sit in a hospital bed attached to monitors listening to a heart beating strongly in my womb as I listen to Francis Chan teaching about James 1...count it pure joy when you face trials of any kind because the testing of your faith produces......Without trials...without loss of control...a change of plans...I wouldn't have the need for God. I wouldn't have this faith that is so strong. Living this life isn't about me being happy at all, but ultimately about my God making me more like Him. Trials burn off the dross. They test your faith, give others a chance to show up in big ways, and allow God to move. As I lay in this bed at 34 weeks pregnant carrying my strong boy and begging God to let him grow a bit more before entering this world, I am reminded that this life is not about me and that God's plan is much much bigger than I can see from this room. I am also reminded that by living out this plan with Joy, though it has its challenges, my faith is made pure. Ultimately, I will reach the end of this journey one day and be given the crown of life for all eternity. With this perspective, what could anything I face during this short life be worth surrendering that. Praising God tonight for His word, His love, this trial, and my faith. Oh that this time would draw me ever closer to Him with a deeper desire to love and know Him more!

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your son. He shall be the Lords warrior, strong and mighty in the power of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying your little man will arrive at the perfect time, strong and fully developed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so concerned, I am praying like mad for you & your son. xoxoxox Bonny Holder in New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying your little guy stays in to "bake" a little longer, for his mom during this time, his sisters who are missing their momma, and their dad who is trying to take care of everyone.

    ReplyDelete