Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's Personal

This year, orphan Sunday (today) is personal. It is not just a Sunday on the calendar to watch videos and pray. Those images in the videos are the images of our beloved daughter. Those empty eyes were hers. That lonely face was hers until we came for her.
Now she is ours. Home with us forever. I marvel at the sheer love in it all. I'm amazed at God's hand and the glimpse this journey continues to give me of Him.
What a beautiful family dinner we had tonight all of us together. It was leftovers, nothing exquisite, but it was the love around the table that made me pause and praise God for the beauty in these moments. A love so deep that we share for each other, God, and the orphan. An awesome and unexplainable love that continues to overwhelm me with its goodness. How I praise Him for His gift of my man and my precious daughters.
The treasure of our Asian daughter, once abandon-an orphan, now so loved by the three of us. This is one of the messages of orphan Sunday. This is God's call for the believer to care for the orphan. Tonight, here she sits in my lap swinging a fork in my reheated mac and cheese and love once again overwhelms me. My love for her is so much bigger than the words that I have to describe it. How can we keep this love for ourselves? How can we not share it?
Then I tear up near the end of dinner as our light hearted conversation takes a turn. We talked about her..our next daughter. The one that God has been calling us to since the day we first held Jillian in our arms. It is nearing time to begin our journey to her. Paperwork is waiting and then there is her name. We have been naming this precious one over the last months and in our hearts she is not just a whisper from God calling us to go again-to us she is becoming a reality as we answer yes to Him who says..
I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you. John 14:18
May the desire of our heart be to answer His call through the ups and downs that lie ahead. May God unite us as we journey to care for another least of these babes of His making. Oh, He is just so good. His plans are so much richer than I ever dreamed!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! What a blessing! I can't wait until you feel led to share more!!!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete