Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Overwhelmed by Project Sunshine

(It took all 14 hands to get all the stuff out of the store and to the trailer for our rooms.)
Overwhelmed by how God is providing for Project Sunshine.
My basement is overflowing with toys, books, furniture, curtains, high chairs, excersaucers...
You just wouldn't believe. Everything I have needed. Everything the social workers dreamed of..Provided. just. like. that.
Overwhelmed by the generosity of others.
One family in particular gave a large sum to make sure that this project was fully funded. One is all it took and God provided it. Two weeks in and He moved the hearts of this family to donate it all. The generosity of these believers is a picture of the extravagant love of God. They gave more than I even asked for to finish these rooms.
Overwhelmed that more than half of the volunteers for Saturday's project are people I have never even met.
If I had only thought about my resources when starting this project. If I had only counted on those I knew, I wouldn't have ever started. Because on my own, in my own little part of the world, I don't have enough to get this project done. I don't have enough money, time, volunteers..BUT God brought them. I have worked with, or will work with, more than twenty people that I didn't even know to hope for before I started working on Project Sunshine. Complete strangers to me, but united by this cause under God's orchestration of it all. In addition, my wonderful like minded friends who continue to unite with me for the purposes of the Lord are right beside me the whole way! Too good to comprehend. Too awesome to predict is His plan.
Overwhelmed by a God who continues to remind me of just how big He is.
We are able to do more than I ever dreamed. We have added two more rooms..that is five altogether. I never thought we could fund two. We are working on five. Five. How could I doubt God's greatness? He is mighty in my life and continues to show me His plans are much bigger than I could ever dream.
Overwhelmed and down right blessed to be able to be a part of this!
So glad I didn't say no when the email came and asked if I would coordinate. So glad God moved my heart to get involved. Blessed by this. Blessed and stretched. Growing and Loving every minute and every experience God continues to give me with Him. Can't wait to see the results on Saturday the 19th and get these rooms done....Stay Tuned. I will be posting the makeover pics..

1 comment:

  1. Such AWESOME and AMAZING news! Leslie, God is using you in such a powerful way! Praise be to God for raising up all of the funding, volunteers and prayers needed to get you through!

    ReplyDelete