Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Your Finding Day

Dear Jillian,
Today I can't stop thinking of her as I look at you. March 14th..today is your finding day. Your finding day means that today is the day that your birth mother made the ultimate sacrifice in hopes that you would be better cared for. I don't know the circumstances she must have faced. I can't even begin to imagine the feelings that she must have had holding you in her arms for the last time. She had five days with you and I know that those days must be treasured in her heart. I pray that somehow she knows that you are loved and taken care of. I pray that she has somehow been given peace in her heart and that when she thinks of you she smiles remembering you as the little one who slept in her arms and nursed at her breast. I can't begin to imagine the pain that must also reside in her heart everyday because of the absence of you. I am forever grateful that she lovingly decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and that her unselfish gift led you to me. I am broken that we may never know her, but I hope that she knows Jesus and that someday we will be together in eternity embracing and praising God who orchestrated this story just as it is..I love her though I don't know her because she is a huge part of you. And now because of the miracle of this journey, you -my treasure-are a huge part of me and for that I am forever grateful to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment