Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Could you be that one?

 
There are so few things that really break me.
This picture shatters me into a million pieces.
My daughters laid here.
Day in and day out they laid here.
Waiting.
Hungry.
Alone.
But my babies had someone come for them.
Why can't they all have someone coming for them?
Why did I spend so many years with my heart hardened to them?
What have I missed blindly living for me?
I printed this picture out to keep on my desk.
I don't want to forget.
I don't want my heart to grow cold to the reality of this picture.
Millions of children everywhere are without a family.
Millions of children just need one momma to say yes to welcoming them home.
Could you be that one?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie, We were at the SWI in Xuchang City in August 2011...was you little girl there then? I took a picture of a little baby girl when we were there that looks alot like her...if she was I can email you the pic or tell you how to find it so you can see if it is her....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please email it to me! She was there in August. I would love to know everything about Xuchang City as there aren't many people who get referrals from there. What was it like? How was your treasure cared for? You must have been able to visit the orphanage and you could take pictures??? Oh, I hope it is our Anna. Just to get a glimpse of her face would make the waiting a bit more bearable. My email is slmaster16 at hotmail dot com. I can't wait to get it.

      Delete