Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Dreamed of Her Today

I walked into the carter's store today.  As I browsed through the peanut sized onesies, held up the little pants with pictures, and touched the soft fabric, I dreamed of Anna Mei.  I saw her at home with us sitting next to her big sisters.  I heard her laughing.  I saw her reaching her arms up for me, sitting with us at the dinner table, and even being hit on the head by her wild, Chinese sister.  I could hardly hold back the tears as these visions were so sweet and I miss her so badly today.  I have let myself cry for her as I have carried on and it is on these days that God's word is like a balm for my soul.  I know that He is with her and I know that in His timing we will have her here with us, but sometimes..sometimes the waiting is just painful.  I rest in knowing that God collects each one of my tears and that He knows the depth of my longing for my daughter to be home in my arms.  He understands and He even means to use this time for good in my life.  Soon. Very Soon. She will be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment