Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

To Jillian

Dear Jillian,
I watched just now as a woman, very different from myself with a thick middle eastern accent, stunning dark shiny hair, and eyes full of kindness, lifted you from your car seat.  She smiled as soon as she saw you, instantly lifted you into her arms, and squeezed you.  She is on your teaching team.  She is, in fact, your favorite teacher on your team.  You sign all morning L as you run it down your hair because this is the sign I gave you for her name.  You sign sad and make the sign for your afternoon aid because she has just entered your life and you don't trust her just yet the way you do your Mrs. L.  Mrs. L and I have nothing in common except the love we share for you.  I would have never known this dear lady if not for you. You have such a gift sweet baby.  Your life unites those who know you.  God is written all over you, and though you can't explain it because your words are trapped inside you, others see it in you.  You are treasured by many and so very loved.  I know at times early on in your life you must have felt so alone, but I rejoice that God now provides so many to treasure you.  You are a treasure.  You are a precious, amazing, miraculous, created in the image of God treasure!  I pray you grow to know that for yourself!  I cherish you dear baby! 

All my love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment