Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Today in Kindergarten

Dearest Jillian,

Today in Kindergarten you lost a tooth.  Your teacher texted to tell me that your tooth had fallen out and that you were so excited about it.  You received your certificate and brought your tooth home in a little orange treasure box just like every other five year old who will loose a tooth in your class this year.  It was an ordinary event in your life that is just so extraordinary to watch.  I am awe of you my miracle.  Each morning this week, I have walked you up to your "e" school as you sign it and smile.  Though you can't use your natural voice to express most of what your thinking, you have so much to say.  I have watched you wearing your backpack and grabbing the hand of a stranger who you trust to care for you throughout the day.  I have heard that you have eaten in the cafeteria with your peers, danced to the Pete the Cat song, and listened to a story on the rug.  I know you have spent lots of time chilling out in your quiet space too, but dear, sweet baby  I am speechless for all you have accomplished!  I will never, as long as I live, understand why in the world I am the one you call momma because dear child you deserve so much more.  It is such a deep honor and privilege to walk beside you in this life.  I love you deeply, am so very thankful for all that you have taught me, and am beyond grateful that you are mine!

All my love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment