Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, October 27, 2014

God's Miraculous Provision..Always There


In the last three years, we have made two journeys to China for our beautiful daughters.  We have had many, many support us along the way with their prayers and their financial donations.  We are so very grateful to each and every one that had a part in making our daughters ours.  We could not have done it without each and every one of you.  In addition to the many who supported us, we cleaned out retirement accounts, sold things, and made sacrifices (insignificant sacrifices compared to those risking their lives to share the gospel right now)  ourselves so that our beautiful treasures could be called daughter.  So when the need for braces for our oldest couldn't be put off any longer,  I have to admit that I felt a little bit hopeless.  I knew the cost and I knew that we had cleaned out every possible account that could cover such a cost in the last three years for our adoptions so I was searching.  As I was searching one summer day, I prayed to the Lord for His provision and I was lead to an organization online.  This organization provides braces to individuals who need them by matching them with orthodontist who are willing to donate their services for screened families.  There were a few orthodontist listed that worked in our state and so I began the process with my biggest girl.  Four months later, we have visited the orthodontist with our Em and she is getting her braces.  I can't believe it!  This wonderful orthodontist is donating his services to meet this need for our family and we only have to pay 10% of the actual cost.  Truthfully, there are times as a parent that I worry about all that my oldest has had to give up as we have added these beautiful siblings with special needs to our family.  I should always trust the Lord with this I know, but at times I question how she can handle it.  Yet again and again, God just shows up!  He just does exactly what we need and as I see this unfold again and again..you would think I would trust more and doubt less.  What little faith I often find myself with.  Honestly, I choked up pretty considerably when thanking this kind, kind doctor as I met with him last week.  He is using all of his expertise, top notch technology, and treating us so very well though we can't even begin to pay him what he is worth.  Isn't this the picture of the gospel?  Yet again, I am watching the gospel lived out in my life through the gesture of this doctor as he fulfills a need our family couldn't possibly afford on our own.  My God is faithful!  He loves and cares for our every need.  He lavishes grace and mercy on us abundantly again and again.  If I hadn't stepped out and adopted in these last three years, I wouldn't have experienced this near as dramatically.  Oh to know and trust Him more is the song on my heart!  He is so so very good!

1 comment:

  1. God's provision for each of us are amazing!

    ReplyDelete