Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Life Goes On

Somehow despite the huge gaping hole in my heart because my baby girl is not here and still waits in China, life goes on.  We get up everyday, experience joy, sadness, and change all while aching to know the one who we call ours though she lives a half a world away.  As long as I live, I will never understand how I can love and miss someone so very much that I don't yet know, but despite having done this adoption thing before it still baffles me that I am Molly Kate's mother already in my heart and that every single day I long to have her home.
 We visited the pumpkin patch together and, though it was chilly, we had a great time.
 Anna Mei lugged this wagon with our friends pumpkins inside the entire trip.  It must have been heavy, but she insisted she pull it.















 This was the first year our Jillian wasn't afraid of the pumpkins.  She really enjoyed it! 
 Anna made the teens that were with us get in the cars when she did.  Emily obliged.

 We took a trip to Bloomsbury Farm too.  It was the place we visited last year that Jillian really, really enjoyed.  It didn't disappoint as she was one happy, happy girl here again this year.
 Anna got some good air on the jumping pillow.
 Jilly loved running while holding Daddy's hand on the pillow.
 Awe..the corn.  Need I say more because for those of you who know my love bug, you know Jillian was over the moon in this giant crib of corn.  She and I played in here for hours.
 Anna Mei explored with Daddy while Jilly and I conquered the corn bin.  She went down the HUGE slide by herself at least eight times.  She is getting to be such a big girl.

 We ended the day eating fudge and talking about Molly Kate while Jilly and Daddy were (you guessed it) still playing in the corn.  What a beautiful, bittersweet day without our Molly Kate.
Until the day that my sweet Molly is resting in my arms, life goes on in her absence, but there isn't a minute that she isn't on my mind and that I am not wishing she was in these experiences right alongside her sisters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment