Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Church Don't Miss This

I had another long appointment with my beautiful Jilly at the U the other day.  I wish, somehow, I could describe the immense privilege I feel to walk alongside her during these hours at the hospital.  Honestly, watching her get her blood pressure taken as she signs "squeeze" to me makes me bawl my eyes out.  It is so beyond anything that I could have ever fathomed that she can now handle an afternoon like she did at the hospital this week.  It really is beyond any words that I could type the level of trust for me that she displays and how she is able to stay calm and control her terror is just something I never dreamed she would be able to do during the first year home with her when everything..everything..was so incredibly hard.  I left that appointment, as I do every other, carrying that 43 pound six year old like an infant all the way to the car speaking my love over her.  I just can't believe that I have been able to experience the blessing of this girl. Some people live their entire life running emptily around wondering about their purpose or if there is a God at all, and because of this girl God has allowed me such incredible blessing, fulfillment, and a purpose beyond my wildest dreams.  Hear me when I say this..caring for my daughters from China is the hardest thing I have ever done, but it is also the most blessed.  I have had the blessing of experiencing God more each day as I have loved them.  I just wept the whole way home because we ought to be breaking down the doors of the orphanages to get these children home.  We ought to, but millions wait because we are all too worried about how it might change our lives, how we will pay for it, how it will affect our bio kids, worrying about our children not having their own room, and on and on and on.  Church don't miss this.  Don't let Satan rob you of the blessing of loving these amazing children.   Don't listen to the lies he fills your head with.  Go.  Do. Be Jesus to the least.  You will know Jesus more.


No comments:

Post a Comment