Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Language Development

Our newest treasure is such a tremendous blessing.  She is finally getting comfortable enough to test limits, and she is beginning to babble up a storm.  She is modeling everything, and is even beginning to get some sounds that mean words to her.  It is always so exciting to watch language coming in.  This is also one of my favorite times of development so I love, love, love everything about her right now.


 She willingly engages in most every activity with great joy, babbling away, and modeling so many of our sounds.  We were painting glue on an apple form so we could put torn tissue paper on it when she decided the paintbrush should be a microphone, and started singing away.  
While her big sis works on writing her name, she is also working on finding a picture of herself to glue on her projects.  She is a smart, little lady, and I am enjoying all my time getting to know her.  I do wish she would stop growing so fast.  She has grown 2 inches and gained 6 pounds in the 15 weeks that I have had her home.  I can't wait to see how far she comes in the next year, but I also want to savor the here and now as I know she will be grown up way too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment