Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Her First Rainbow and the Treasure at the End

This morning we woke up to the most magnificent double rainbow!  It was like an amazing gift at the beginning of a hard, hard week for us.  I couldn't ignore the JOY at 545 AM this morning from these little girls as they saw a real live rainbow for the first time ever.

What an incredible amazing gift these moments were.  Then, as my dear artist always does, Anna Mei headed to her easel to process the moment.  How I absolutely adore how this baby girl is wired.  She got out her paint sticks, rolled over a fresh canvas, and began to draw.
Suddenly she started writing something at the end of the rainbow all on her own.  She is so interested in writing and words right now that I wasn't surprised letters made their way into her art.
When she had finished, she looked up at me and said, "Mom, you are the treasure at the end of my rainbow."
Blessed this morning, and every single morning of my life by the presence of these babies, but this morning in particular I was reminded of it.  Reminded to give thanks that God has allowed me to stand beside them as their mom when they see their first rainbow.  Reminded of the gift, that truthfully can feel like a burden if I am honest, it is that I get to shape their little hearts for Him.  Reminded that therapy and medical appointments, while sometimes can make me so weary, are a privilege, that because of God's provision, we are able to provide our precious daughters because they are just that..daughters and no longer orphans.  Heading into this hard, hard week doesn't seem so overwhelming on this Monday morning because God allowed me these moments to remind me that He is always there, and that each day is a blessing because my baby girls are in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment