Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Look Who is Chewing

We have been home with Ellie for about two months now.  During that time, I have been pushing along with her feeding therapy activities.  These are exactly the activities that I did with Jillian for years.  We pulled back on pushing Jilly any further about two years ago because it was just psychologically too much for her.  She was gaining weight, growing, and participating in life eating only pureed soft food so we just took a break.  Well since coming home with Ellie, our Jillian is very very interested in all things Ellie Grace.  Many of the techniques and strategies that are helping Ellie are the very ones that helped our Jilly back then so it makes complete sense, but I never expected this..
I just thought I would offer her a rice husk a few days ago, and she bit!  Not only did she bite it, but she kept the pieces in there and tried her darnedest to chew it!  I have added a few more things like these puffs, and she keeps eating them.  Miracles never cease!  

1 comment:

  1. That is so AWESOME! From one mom in the middle of feeding therapy to another, I realize the accomplishment this is! Go Jillian:)

    ReplyDelete