Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Momma's Treasure


I have spent the last six hours in the hotel room on the bed interacting with my girl. She is so amazing and it occurred to me that she has never experienced being a momma's treasure before now. She has never meant the world to someone and she has never had someone to call momma. We sang, tickled, read books, watched veggie tales, and I so enjoyed every minute with her. She is still only comfortable on the bed in the hotel room, but she is showing us more and more of herself. She even let me rub her back while she snuggled next to me to fall asleep for her nap just now. Oh the joy is bursting in my heart. Waiting no more for my girl to be by my side is more than my heart can handle today. I love her so much!! God is so good to let me be her momma.

More firsts today..

poopy diaper. You should have seen the silliness this family had over that. Darling Kiddo was the first to discover it. We acted as if we didn't know what to do. We were all laughing so hard that Jill couldn't help but laugh right along with us.

watching tv. That silly wide eyed picture is her reaction to the computer screen.

reading a book with momma.

letting momma help her fall asleep.

eating sissy's foot and discovering how fun it is to pull that long hair.

staying in her pjs until noon.

What a glorious morning with my baby girl! What a beautiful family God has allowed us to have. We praise him for all that He continues to do in our lives and for his promise to set the lonely in families. While this precious treasure is lonely no more so many are. Praying that God continues to break my heart for the orphan.










2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and happy post Leslie!!! How much longer are you to be over there?

    Can't wait for you all to head home!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful!!!
    CanNOT wait to meet her and give her a BIGGGGG hug!!!! (:

    ReplyDelete