Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

She's Feeling It

Dear Jill,
I laid in bed last night next to you and watched you breathe. I rubbed your sweet cheeks with my hand and simply gave thanks to God that you are mine. You have come so far my sweet girl. I wish there was some way that I could capture with words all the pictures of you I have in mind as you allow us to become your family. You are loving us-truly loving us and it feels like a dream to see you feeling it. Momma was gone for an hour at a church meeting and when I came home you greeted me with shouts, jumping, and kisses. You know I am your momma. You feel it in your heart. You trust me and you even love me. I have wanted so badly to be able to feel that you love me and I simply can't describe what it is like to finally be at this place. You love us. You laugh with a deep, belly shaking laugh when your daddy swings you. You boss us all around expecting us to wait on your beckon call because you are secure. You know we want to care for you and meet your needs. You kiss us and climb on us and you are enjoying life. Your eyes are finally full and sparkle just the way I have prayed they would after seeing the emptiness there for so long. Your healing is a miracle and only the Lord can be credited with how He continues to make you whole. I love the way that you laugh when you drag all the magnets off the fridge, the way that you sit in the empty laundry basket waiting to be pushed around, the way you plop on your sissy's bean bag chair and wait for her to acknowledge you, the way that you insist on sitting on your daddy's lap when you eat..I just plain love everything about you baby! You are so in my heart. You have added so much to our family and I am so thrilled that you are my daughter. This road to becoming your momma has not been easy, but every single trial is worth it because I am being loved by you.

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment