Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

She's So Right

I just read Andrea's post here. Before I read it, I was thinking about our visit to the doctor this morning..(our third in two weeks). I was thinking that I didn't get Jill to surrender to sleep for her nap until almost 3:00..(two hours later than normal). I was thinking about how difficult it was to hold Jill down at the doctor watching her fighting and flailing. I was thinking about how hard this job is sometimes and how very much I love Jill and want to help her.

BUT after reading that post...The worst is behind Jill. She is home with a family. She has access to the best doctors, therapies, and a mom/dad who are commited to taking care of her whatever it takes. So many children don't have any of that. My needs and trials are so minuscule compared to theirs. They are desperate. Desperate for food, care, Jesus' love..

Praying I don't turn my face one more moment. Praying that I can be a part of meeting the needs of those least of these Jesus speaks of in Matthew.

I needed that post today. I needed a fresh perspective. Don't miss it for yourselves. Allow it to sink into your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment