Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

To My Girl

My Dear Jillian,

You haven't left my lap today. You have been snuggled down happy as a lark all day. It is so good to see you so very happy. It rained last night and at the park this morning there was mud everywhere. You loved it. You squished your shoes all around in it. You made me go down the wet slide with you in my lap. You laughed hysterically at the speed the water added to our descent.

I marvel at you today. I marvel at how you are growing. I marvel at how your heart is able to love and I rejoice at how freely you are accepting love from us. I marvel at how God has prepared us all for each other from the beginning of time. His plan is far greater than I could have ever dreamed. My love for you and joy because of you is deeper than I could have ever imagined. I love you with all my heart.

Becoming your mother is a journey that continues to grow me in ways that I never dreamed. Thank you for being my daughter. Thank you for all that you have taught me. Though our time together thus far has been short-you have shown me so much..so much about trust, love, and perseverance. I truly think I needed you more than you needed me. Love watching you sleep just now and taking in each and every one of these moments. You are a treasure. You are my daughter. You are loved by the King and by this momma.

Love you so dear girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment