Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lessons Learned At the Park

I love going to the park with my baby girl. She has taught me much. Today we spent two hours there doing absolutely nothing. We had no agenda. She led me this way and that. Which got me thinking about all that she has taught me. I thought I would share it with you.
1. Take time to enjoy crunching the leaves.
Bury yourself in them if you want to.
The laundry will wait.

2. Always stick your tongue out while you work. It helps you concentrate.

3. When you feel like it, sit a spell.
It doesn't matter where you are-just do it.
4. Never go too far without reaching for the hand of one you love.
It's safer to always be connected to them.
5. Always take time to look at the beauty around you.6. When you find something you love,
laugh until your eyes disappear into your face.
7. Don't worry if your hands get dirty,
just fling it off.
8. Take time to pick the flowers.
9. Don't forget to get your nose so close to the blooms
that they brush your face and tickle you.
10. Just take as much time as you want here.
These moments are fleeting.
I won't be small forever and right now I just need to be with you momma.
I was thinking today that I wish I could just keep her small forever. No labels, no special needs, no worrying about her future, no struggling to make her fit into the mold this world has for her..just a baby enjoying time with her momma. I know we will have to face these things soon enough. As for today and tomorrow and that day after that, we will spend two hours enjoying one another at the park. Blessed to have time for this. Blessed to be her momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment