Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, October 3, 2011

The Therapist Said It

I have said it myself about our princess. I have used the words myself when talking to my friends in my Sunday school class about our Jillian. I have continued to "prepare" daddy and used the words many times when talking with him. Really I know this is coming. I know it because professionally this is the thing I was all about. I have logged four times more professional hours of training involving these words than any other in the last thirteen years of my teaching career. I have loved deeply many kids who are labeled with these words. They have been my joy-my passion. I know all about the ups and downs, the joys and the hurts, involved with these words very well. I know it's coming, but when the OT said this is typical behavior for a kiddo on the autism spectrum when talking about my baby-I was taken aback. To hear her say these words aloud-it rocked me to the core. Luckily she went out to her car right after using them to get us some more equipment and I composed myself very quickly.

So on with it. I am using all I know to help her and I am blessed to have a lot more knowledge than the typical parent would thanks to my professional training. One thing is for sure, words or not, my baby will reach her full potential with my help. I will do whatever it takes to help her be all that God created her to be. She is perfectly placed in our family and all of this is God's great plan.

You have to love my man, who when I told him about the words the OT said and their effect on me, he replied.. "that is why we have her because we know how to do this". He also asked if we got to keep the really cool cube chair the OT brought because it might be useful for some of the other kiddos we will be bringing home. This momma's heart beams at that thought. These words will not defeat us. We will not waiver. We will not be afraid. God has a plan to use this for His glory. Bring it on. Bring it on. This momma is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment