Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

He's Doing It

He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.  1 Thessalonians 4:17

God is doing it!  He is providing all we need to bring home our Annamae!

We had an amazing fundraiser last night at the Pizza Ranch in Morton.  The owners (and workers) there are an amazing, God lovin' crew and it was a HUGE blessing that they let us fundraise there.  Please go there often.

We worked three hours..busing tables, filling drinks, and just fellowshiping with all who came.  It was a beautiful night and I love that God is beginning to write all of these people into the story of my Annamae.

Here are a few moments I will treasure in my heart and share with Mei, Mei when she is here with us.

One little 4 year old guy looked at his momma at the table and said..."Momma why are all the church people here?"

One family whom I had never met shared their heart with me about adoption and that they had just begun to feel God's call to foster despite having a table full of their own.  They are just beginning classes and I was able to pray for them.  I love that God is calling His people to care for the orphan and so many are responding in lots of different ways.

Another family whose daughter has significant medical, emotional, and learning needs spent a good long time sharing their story with me.  It was a blessing to hear of their daughter's miraculous birth and will to survive.  It was a special time to listen to another special needs momma, share in her struggle, and encourage her.  In doing so, she encouraged me so much.

Of course, some of our special kids from Grace (and adults) were there to work alongside us too.  Man I love our kids who we are lucky enough to serve in ministry.  Being a youth pastor is where its at y'all.  Thank you dear, sweet youth!  I love you more than you will ever know.  You are such a big part of our family and we are beyond blessed by you.

We made a little less than $600 and this will go a long way toward the $2,000 dossier fee that we will need to pay when all our papers are here and ready to go.  I am hoping to have them all received by October 1st.  Here's to hoping. 

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment