Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Celebrating the Mid Autumn Moon Festival

As Anna Mei and I were preparing to celebrate the Mid Autumn Moon Festival this year, she asked why I loved China so much, why we celebrated its holidays, and why I cared because I am not Chinese.  It was such a beautiful time for me to tell her that  a part of me is Chinese, though not through blood, because she is Chinese.  I was able to tell her that who she is and where she came from matters very much to me because she is my daughter.  
These days are some of the most precious of my life as I am homeschooling her.  I will forever cherish them.  The memories we are making, and the bond that we are growing, is priceless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment