Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Inspired

We were able to spend an amazing day with two of our college girls in their new surroundings in Chicago yesterday. To say that I am inspired by the faith, strength, and steadiness of these two wonderful young ladies would be an understatement.

They both left our small area and headed to the big city for school this year. With the Lord anchored securly in their hearts, they have set out into this world intending to walk strongly and tirelessly for our Lord! They each have moved and amist new surroundings and people-they haven't missed one Sunday in worship. They haven't missed a beat. They are working hard to stay connected to God and the church.

We were able to visit Willowcreek Community Church which is the new home church for one of our girls. We walked in with thousands of other people and to say that I was intimidated would be a gross under exageration of how I was feeling. I had no idea where to park, sit, go..nothing. And to think one of my sweet girls walked in alone two Sundays ago-sought out the twenty something ministry-and activly pursued a chance to worship God when she had only been in the city a few days is soooo encouraging. What an awesome faith..


The other fingured out the complicated train system..took it into the city..and met up with the only other soul she knows in the area to go on another train to worship!! What an example these young people are to me sometimes. Would I seek out worship so immediatly and go to such uncomfortable lengths to get there or would I have put it off a few Sundays while I settled in? I am inspired by these girls and praying them on each and every step of the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment