Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's Here!!!

So, my husband has known since sometime this afternoon that our home study approval(the one piece of paper we have been waiting for that has been keeping us from moving on to the next step)was here and he just casually mentions it tonight about 7:00 PM!! Can you believe him?? We were with the teens in youth group when he told us and to say I shouted with joy would be an understatement.



The most amazing thing about this journey so far is how God's hand is all over it. You see I filled out most of the paperwork months ago. Got it all done in one shot. All the letters, forms, everything we needed for every step. I figured that I might as well do it instead of waiting for the paperwork to be needed. That way, the papers are just waiting nicely in my filing system to be sent off. The only tricky thing about this is that you have to date everything. Well back in July when I wrote the letters to the National Benefits Center (that is the next place our paper work is headed), I wrote September 1, 2010 on the top..hoping and praying that by Sept. 1 we would be ready to send it off. Well today is Sept. 1 and I thought my "deadline" was passing by without notice. BUT we received our paper today from our Home Study Agency. We are indeed ready to mail off the next round on Sept. 1st as I had hoped!! God is so good and this is just another example of how His hand is all over this. To think, I spent a good fifteen minutes this afternoon in tears over this wait and sulking that my Sept. 1 deadline was about to pass while all along..He was waiting for me to discover that He had indeed opened the door for us again! Why is it that I doubt and become discouraged so easily? The waiting and trusting is so hard, but oh so worth it!





We headed to Starbucks, as a family of three, for a coffee treat at 9:30 tonight to celebrate. Hope our trips as three will soon end and we will have an Asian toddler in toe sipping right along side us sooner than later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment