Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stillness

Darling Kiddo and DH are at a volleyball game in Rockford tonight and our house is very still. This just doesn't happen. The quiet is overpowering and while I enjoy being alone in the quiet on rare occasions-it is not a place I choose to hang out. This summer on our youth mission trip one of the devo days was titled:More Be. Less Do. This is a tough concept for me as I am very much a doer. My grandma always says I am going to run myself to death. To which I often respond-Well then, I can rest when I'm dead. While most of what I do is good-there is something really useful about that devo lesson. When I am free to simply be-He is more easily found. God is just found in stillness and the quiet..It's all over scripture. I think of the story of Elijah who found God in the gentle whisper and the Psalm that reminds us BE STILL and know that I am God. I know that there are a good lot of times that I am simply too busy doing that I miss God altogether. So instead of loathing the stillness and wishing it away, I am choosing to open my Bible and dig deep. I am going to choose to be still and listen for God.. I know that when I have a toddler in foot-these times of stillness are going to be even rarer than they are now...Can't wait! Until then, I wil embrace the stillness..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment