Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Keep My Eyes Open

While I sit warm in my house, baking my 100th batch of cookies..Logging on to my email to find the sweet face in the video above. It is so easy to close my eyes to these images. They cause me to feel pain, but I can't keep them out. I can't close my eyes. May I keep my eyes open to the millions of children, widows, and poor who are struggling. Who are cold. Who are hurting. Who are in need. May my eyes continue to be open to the world around me..in my backyard and around the world. Jesus wants that. Jesus wants me to respond. Jesus wants me to feel the hurt of those in need and reach out. I have wasted so much of my life not doing what Jesus wants. This Christmas..I am trying so hard to keep my eyes open, to experience the need of others, and to respond. Thank you Jesus for the way that you don't give up on me and for the way that you challenge me each and every day to live out this life the way that you call us to. I am blessed to know you Lord! Praying that all who read this may know the blessing of knowing you this Christmas Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment