Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Magic for Molly Kate..Fundraiser

Several months ago, a member of our congregation, who happens to be a magician, was looking for someone to cater a magic dinner theater for his group of performers.  The event was to be held at our church and a caterer was needed.  About this same time, I was praying about fundraisers so I approached him about my catering as I love to cook and thought this would be an amazing way to raise funds for our adoption.  This kind man then said he would make this entire event about bringing home our Molly Kate and would donate all of the funds raised to our family.  He printed posters for the event with our logo on it and a picture of our treasure.  He publicized it in our church and community.  The response and the crowd were incredible.  I spent two days cooking the meal.  The night of the event an army of about twenty teens and a few moms served, cleaned up, and served some more to help make the event a huge success.  We sold 140 dinner tickets and, because I LOVE cooking, the two days spent preparing the food were pure bliss.  Truly God is so good to allow me to do something I enjoy so much and raise funds for our daughter's adoption.  In addition to the dinner tickets, nearly fifty more people just attended the show!  I crept in the back of the auditorium after cleaning up dinner to catch a glimpse of the show and I couldn't believe the crowd.  I was in awe of the love and support for our family as I stood looking out over the nearly 200 people who attended.  Each time I do this adoption thing, I simply can't believe how God just brings together so many people from so many places to provide for one precious child.  As I stood looking out on the event, I was reminded of the verse..The one who calls you is faithful and he will surely do it (1 Thessalonians 5:24) because this event wasn't even on my radar.  I didn't dream it up.  I didn't plan it.  I didn't have it on my "spreadsheet plan" color coded as an event to raise money for a certain fee.  It just came up at the right time and was such a tremendous blessing!  That night alone, we were able raise nearly $2,000 after expenses for our adoption fund!  In fact, in the last three months, we have been given almost $15,000!  We have been able to pay for half of our adoption in just three months.  Each time I have the pleasure of bringing home a treasure through the miracle of adoption, I am in awe and so humbled that so many join us!  We started this adoption with absolutely no way to pay for any part of it on our own and yet here we are half way funded already!  God has such a plan for this little lady's life.  I wish I could share the details of all that Molly Kate has overcome already as it seems impossible that she has survived, but her story isn't mine to share.  One day, when the time is right, I hope my dear, newest daughter will recognize all that God has done and give her life to Him.  He must have such a tremendous plan for her!  I can't wait to hold her and to hear her say momma!  What an incredible blessing it is to be able to call one more beautiful, Chinese treasure daughter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment