Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

In Awe

Dearest Anna Mei,

I crept into your room the other night just to watch you sleeping in the glow of your tiny Christmas tree that sits next to your bed.  As I watched you, I was overcome with emotion because it still baffles me that it is my roof you are sleeping under.   Dear baby, you are such a precious treasure.  You are growing so much and yet, at times, you still seem so little.  You love everything about playing babies and love watching mommas caring for their little ones out in public.  You ask tough questions for three.  Questions about your past, your China momma, and you share your emotions so openly.  I love that you can talk to me so freely and I am amazed that you remember so much about your life before coming home.  When sharing how you are feeling, you often say my heart is yittle bit angry or frustrated.  You are also always concerned about how I am feeling and you say.."Are you happy?" a million times a day.  You have taught us much about faith as your favorite phrase is "it gonna be fiiiine".  We have taken it on as our motto in the family often saying it again and again as we smile.  I love that you are learning so much about God and this world.  You are a little sponge taking in all that we are reading to you.  The other day you saw a toy perfume bottle that was in the toy box and retold the story of the woman who poured perfume on Jesus feet as we sat there.  You said, "I do that for Jesus too".  Your laugh and passion are infectious.  It is rare that we are out and you don't draw excessive amounts of attention.  You seem to just draw people to you.  You have such an open heart for others too as you rarely turn people away.  As I walk holding your hand or listen to you singing "rejoice" at the top of your lungs, I always remember to give thanks for who you are and all that you are becoming.  You have held the baby sister role well for the last eighteen months and I can't wait to see you as a big sister holding our newest babe and loving her as only you can.  The months to come will be full of change for you and yet I know that God will give you all you need to thrive through it as He has continued to do this last year.  I am grateful for you and can't wait to see where you go in this life.  You are the child I have that is most exactly like I am and, while at times you can be more than a bit challenging, I rest in knowing God will use you in mighty ways.  I love you baby girl and am beyond thrilled to be your momma.  As I sit and listen to your soft voice singing from your bed, even now at 5:00 AM while I type, I am thankful for who you are because you have changed my life and helped me to see Jesus more. 

All my love to you my precious baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment