Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, December 22, 2014

My Sweet Sheep

My dear baby girl,
With everything in me, I praise God for you!  This morning as you were on the stage dressed as a sheep as part of the children's nativity at our church, I couldn't help but choke back tears.  You have come so far in the three and half years we have been blessed to have you.  I wonder if you know how you have changed my heart?  I wonder if you understand how God has used you in my life?  I watched you signing "Away In a Manger" and I thought about all that you have taught me about the Lord as I have mothered you.  You have taught me that life is better taken slow.  You have taught me what truly matters and how victorious one can feel when the smallest things are accomplished.  You have shown me courage and made me understand just what it is like to overcome even the most unthinkable circumstances.  You are a tangible reminder in my life that God can do the impossible!  You are living proof that miracles do still happen.  You are a precious treasure and I am so beyond grateful to God for the gift of you.  I will never understand why the Lord thought I was worthy of being your momma, but I am so thankful, in all my brokenness, that I am the one who gets to lead you (and force you to wear sheep ears) in this life!  Here's to many more Christmases celebrating the Savior's birth together!  I love you my little sheep and am praising the one true shepherd for leading me to you nearly four years ago.  I can't imagine life without you!

All my Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment