Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Friday, December 19, 2014

My Third Christmas

This is the third Christmas I have celebrated while a piece of my heart lays waiting in an orphan's crib halfway around the world. You would think, having done this twice before, that I would get better at handling the waiting, but it is heartbreaking especially at Christmas.  I have shed tears for my sweet Molly Kate everyday this week.  Sometimes, they hit unexpectedly while I am driving or in the shower alone, but they can't be avoided because a part of me is missing this Christmas.  A part of me lays waiting for a momma and daddy to claim her as their own alone in a little China town in an orphanage a world away.  I will never understand the agony of this wait and why it can't be that we can just go and get our girl, but everything is in God's timing and His hands.  While I can't really say that the waiting is good, I can hold on to the promises in God's word and believe that He uses all things for the good of those who love him.  Until, Molly Kate is home I rest in that knowledge and keep buying kleenex.


No comments:

Post a Comment