Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Blessed Christmas..Indeed~

 Our church had a Christmas Eve service for the first time in our history.  We were so happy to be a part of it as Christmas Eve service has always been very special for our family.  These two beauties wouldn't pose, wouldn't sit, and honestly gave me a huge run for my money during the service as I was flying solo because my hubs was sharing the message.  It wasn't pretty, but we survived mostly uninjured.  Despite being rowdy, they are adorable and, yes, Anna did have to wear those zebra glasses in addition to a party hat that was lime green to church.  It was a party hat for Jesus people and there is no controlling this girl.  I am told by many that some day these things will make me laugh.
 Em got a new dress as we were given a gift certificate from a local store as a gift.  She looks so grown up and this is her last picture without braces as she had them placed this week! 
 Some crazy person (that would be me), thought Jilly would enjoy a bin of dry oatmeal to play in so that was her gift from her sisters.  She did indeed enjoy it, but I most certainly did not love vacuuming for 90 minutes.  I did love seeing her smile though and because Christmas is so darn stressful for her, I don't regret it.  I did move the bin outside to play in though as I am no dummy. 
 Her gift from us was a sock swing.  I found one on ebay and it was a  hit.
 My sweet girl is so adorable and so happy in that swing.
 Anna got a baby alive doll that poos and pees.  She got a real baby bottle from her sister, an Elsa dress, and a playhouse.  The playhouse was a super garage sale find from the summer that we had hidden in the garage and was sitting out for both the little girls on Christmas morning!
 We ate our snowman pancakes on Christmas morning. YUMMY!
 More pancakes, but these were eaten much later as a teenager doesn't get up too early even on Christmas morning.
 My sweet baby girl played, and played.  We stay home all day on Christmas and don't usually even get out of our pjs.
 Our birthday cake for Jesus was chocolate coca cola cake.  I think Jesus would approve.
My biggest girl got a bedroom makeover.  I just finished up her curtains and it looks so cute.  Gone is the tween zebra phase as we have ushered in gray, yellow, and blue chevron.  It looks awesome!  She is happy with it.  I have loved working alongside her on it too!
Another Christmas season comes to a close and it is our last Christmas without Molly Kate home!  Next year, we will have four beauties to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment