Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Sledding to Celebrate

 So, what does a precious four year old choose to do on her birthday?  Sledding.  My little treasure wanted to go sledding.  Luckily, it was a beautiful, warm for winter, sunny day so off we went! 
 She played.
 And she played.
And giggled. And giggled. And I thought to myself that spending time with this amazing little one is just about as close to heaven as I can get on this earth.  We slid down the hill at the park a million times.  We hiked to find sticks buried in the snow.  We ran, had snowball fights, and built a snowman.  These are the moments I wish could last forever.  These moments, when my amazing little girl truly lives and experiences simple JOY that comes only in childhood, are absolutely heavenly.  During these times,  I pause to thank God for her life and my part in it because she is one of the greatest blessings of my life!  Oh that fourth birthdays could only last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment