Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, January 12, 2015

I Looked Back

Today, I let Jillian off at school and looked back to the farthest seat.  I saw Anna there acting silly in her car seat, endlessly chatting, and singing.  Then I saw the empty space next to her and I cried for you.  I hope sweet Molly Kate that someday you will read this and know for certain how very much this momma loves you baby girl.  How I long for you to be home with us filling that seat with your little self, laughing, and calling "Momma" as I drive.  You are so very deeply wanted and cared for even as you wait laying in a crib among many, many others.  I can't hold back my tears for you this morning, but I know that soon enough we will be together.  I let myself imagine the joy of that day this morning and wait with anticipation for that moment that I lay eyes on you for the first time, take you in my arms, and begin this life together as mother and daughter.  

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31


No comments:

Post a Comment