Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Living Beyond Yourself

Do you ever just come across people who live such big lives for the Lord that you are left saying..WOW!! Who does that? I want to do that..I was blessed this week to have a moment like that when I "met" this family on line.



Many of us saw pictures of this boy on line this week and read his story.. 16 years old in just two weeks, in Latvia, no family, no hope, no future, aging out of the orphanage in two weeks, to be turned loose into the streets, a family who has promised adoption backs out, left with no options-without hope.


THEN..this family hears of this boy, is adopting a son from Latvia already, was approved for two children in their home study (despite only planning for one), has the paperwork in place, is challenged by God, and by Faith living through the Spirit they answer God's call to reach the least of these by adopting this boy as their son! They had no extra money, no plan, no time to consider whether or not it would work for them. They just commit to do it! $10,000 dollars comes in from across the country in one day!! Her blog is a must read and follow as they journey to not only bring home one son from Latvia, but now two. She blogs here . You must check this out! I have been inspired by this family so much this week.

Obedient, Faithful, Living Beyond Themselves...This is what I desire in my life above all else. This is the life I want to live. I have such a long way to go.. Yet I know that by God's Spirit all that He calls us to do is possible. Praying for this special family as they travel this journey to their sons!

No comments:

Post a Comment