Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Our Package for Peace

Long before God placed adoption on our heart, He called us to get involved with providing for the fatherless by sponsoring children each month through Compassion International. We have been sponsoring children in Guatemala now for a couple of years and I was even able to meet both of the kiddos we sponsor in that beautiful country when I was serving in missions there.

I have to say that meeting those sponsored children and their mothers changed me in big ways. Both of the children we have sponsored there lived in mother headed homes-no fathers. They were so poor that the $38.00 a month we had been sending was literally providing for the most basic necessities of their life! I remember very vividly my child's mother praying over me and thanking me again and again. I was humbled and really quite ashamed at the time because I kept thinking about how little I really had to sacrifice to provide financially for this girl. Yet to her, it was the reason she was able to survive..humbling. I left that meeting determined to sacrifice more for the cause of the fatherless. I remember praying for God to break my heart by showing me the faces of these children and allowing me to experience their need.

Through circumstances that only God can orchestrate, we were led to sponsor a child, Peace, through Parental Care Ministries in Uganda this last summer. (Read that post here.)Now, there is a team headed to our child, Peace. They are bringing her a sweet package and letter from us. I can't wait to see what God does through this trip and even more I can't wait to receive news of this precious girl, who-while an ocean away physically-is always in my heart. I want her know that I pray for her. I want her to know that I love her. I want her to know that I dream of meeting her face to face someday and that I know that God has big plans for her life.

For now, I send those things that I wish her to know on paper accross the ocean with a team of others, but who knows..Maybe..Some Day...I may deliver them in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment