Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dear Jillian..

Dear Jillian,
Today as I sat in the chair reading next to you after laying you down for your nap, you had so much to say to me.  You laid there babbling your heart out.  Occasionally you sat up and looked me straight in the eyes as if to say..Are you still listening?  I'm listening sweet one.  Listening to every sound.  Responding to every gesture and praising God that you are beginning to find your voice.  Some day when you are able to communicate with me, I will forget how very precious these first gestures and sounds were.  I am going to forget the way I was praising God that you were "talking" instead of going to sleep.  I am going to forget the way I fall desperatly to my knees to pray over you each night begging God to give you the ability to speak to me.  For now, I remember.  I remember my joy as you signed eat all on your own last night as we walked to the park pavillion to have dinner.  I remember the intense joy as I listened to your babbling just now and I marvel at how you are breaking out of that prision that seems to have you trapped some days.  I love you sweet one.  I believe that God can give you the ability to speak and that some day I will hear you say I love you.  Until then, I cling to every sound..each gesture..and hope..knowing each and every day that your life will bring God much glory!

Joyful just to hear you babble today,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment