Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Year Ago Today..

Today I am taking time to remember..

A year ago today, my sweet baby was placed in my arms for the first time.  She weighed a mere 15 pounds at 25 months, had bloody draining ears, yucky open sores on her head, and smelled less than sweet, but instantly I fell for her.  This broken, created in the image of God little being was mine and I was estatic.  To say that this year has been incredible is too simplistic and  understated.  We have fallen head over heels in love with this little girl who is our daughter.  We have watched her begin to love us, learn to eat, walk, communicate, enjoy the company of others, and on and on and on.. I literally marvel at her everyday.  I just simply can't believe that God would allow her to be ours.  I can't believe how she has changed our hearts and how our lives are so much richer because she is in them.  I shudder to think of what our lives would be without her and I am thankful for the millions of beautiful memories, smiles, and giggles that our family has had because she is here with us.


I am also taking time to be grateful today for the many of you who prayed her to us and provided financially to help us pay to bring her home.  You are such a huge part of her story.  Your support has impacted our lives greatly and without you..I couldn't even be writing this post.  Adoption for us seemed impossible when we counted the cost.  It would've been, but God brought you in to walk with us and because of that she is here-happy and healthy.  Look at her sweet face, listen to her voice, see her in the arms of her loving daddy, and rest knowing that God used you to save this life.  THANK YOU for all that you sacrificed to give to us so that she could come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment