Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Jesus Paid It All

I "grew" up spiritually in the Lord in a church that fed me hymns each Sunday morning. The verses and choruses of these old classics were new to me, even as an adult, as I was a baby in Him, but oh they have come to mean so much. Now that we worship in the contemporary style, I must admit sometimes I miss the old hymns whose words bring a flood of memories back. Memories of those early days of my faith when God was beginning to set me apart for His purposes..I can still see the song leader in worship behind the old, thick podium with wood paneling in the background and hear his deep, aged voice belting out "It is well with my soul".

It's the hymn "Jesus Paid It All".."All to Him I Owe" that is coming back to me as I take quiet time to reflect on Easter this morning in the Word. It is because of that payment that I am able to have JOY. It is because of that payment that I have PEACE. It is because of that payment that I have ETERNAL LIFE...ALL to Him I owe! It is glorious to know Jesus! It is glorious to have surrendered my life and my plans to the one who paid it all and has it all planned out for me. At Easter, I am reminded that I am in relationship with a living God who willingly paid it all so that I could be with Him. Grateful for that today and everyday.

Have a Blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment