Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Feeding Her Sister

When first bringing home my sweet Jillian, many told us that she had severe Reactive Attachment Disorder, that she would likely never attach to us, never feel safe and trust, and that life would be a huge challenge.  Life for her is, at times, a challenge just as it is for all of us, but this girl's heart has been healed beyond my wildest dreams.  Despite a very traumatic start, she is so attached to us, loves us as her family, and participates in family life like most other kids her age.  She is very interested in her baby sister, and when I was feeding her dinner last night Jillian couldn't wait to help.  Oh my heart, the wonders never cease to bring me to my knees with choruses of "God you are so so good! So many things have come against my Jillian in her life.  As a baby, she wasn't nurtured, cared for, or fed, and yet she is able to care for, feed, and nurture this little one.  It is so healing for her heart to have this new baby!  Each time we add a sibling and I watch her learn to love them, I am in awe of all God has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment