Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Boy at the Pool

Tonight I saw an eleven year old boy swim for the first time.  I wish you could have been there.  He had the cutest, most innocent smile as he was surrounded by his five new siblings.  I watched his new blonde brother patiently coax him in the water while his new momma held his hand.  Then I saw him release and stand independently on the bottom of the pool floor while his face absolutely erupted with joy.  This was the picture of a physical new birth this Easter evening right before my eyes.  This eleven year old boy, who has waited far too long for a family, being accepted, loved, and wanted by his new tribe experiencing fully the benefits of being a loved and cherished son.  It brought tears to my eyes.  He waited eleven, long years, but all I could see in his eyes was pure JOY at being near to his people experiencing the water..a wanted treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment