Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

On Your Fourth Gotcha Day





Dear Anna Mei,
Yesterday was your fourth Gotcha Day. It is so very special that we get to be in the land of your birth to celebrate this wonderful day together. You love your Gotcha Day because you love to be celebrated and yesterday was not different. We had a special box of chocolates from the hotel bakery, cheese pizza from room service, and then we went swimming. You were happy with all you got to do and assured me you loved celebrating your day. We then spent the evening, like we always do on this day, reading you travel journal from my blog. It is such a gift to have all of my thoughts recorded there for you. Watching your face light up as you saw yourself as a baby on the very stairs in this hotel, in front of the exact dresser in our hotel room, and laying on the very same carpet that we are now walking on was priceless. You talked and talked about it all evening. You love having my words read to you about your early life and I love sharing them. Today I see you as a remarkable young woman who is growing up before my eyes. You are a natural momma caring for and loving on Ellie Grace every chance you get. You have such an understanding of the world too. One that is far beyond your age. You are passionate and love deeply. Your are silly and love to laugh. In the front, leading is your favorite place to be. You inspire me everyday to do more and be better because of how closely you watch me and learn. I love you and count being your momma as one of the greatest blessings of my life. Happy four years home my treasure! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment