Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, July 16, 2012

My Favorite Memories

After this post, I am moving on.

I promise.

 and I just wish somehow that I could hold on to the memories just a bit longer. It is bittersweet to be home this year too as we are pretty certain that it will be impossible for us to attend next summer. It is a vacation and a vacation isn't in the budget (and hasn't been for the last two years) when you are a one income household. We have been blessed to have it provided for us the last two years and we have cherished those memories. So..I am holding on to the sweet memories and thanking God for my family this morning and the time that He has given us to be together!

Emily playing patriot games (a fav. game each year) on our last night.
That is a happy smile from my oldest treasure.
This momma loves to see it!
Jillian being loved on by her favorite, teenage friend.
This young lady so loves my sweet baby.
She knows my sweet girl forward and back.
You could hear this young woman loving my girl with her words and kisses all week.
She tells Jillian how smart she is, how special, and is always building her up.
Jillian is blessed to have this relationship in her life and this momma is grateful for it.

I love this shot. 
She is saying you are nuts for doing this bath thing on the front porch momma with her eyes. 
Don't you think?
 A formal pose for the mantle.
I can never get over how very much my oldest girl looks like her daddy.
She is turning 13 soon and it is so hard for this momma to grasp that.
The time has flown by.
 Daddy is pretty happy here too.
The water in the lake is usually a bit chilly, but with the extreme heat this year it was not cold at all.
Daddy shivered with Jillian in that lake last year so it's a nice change.
 Our family.
I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the beauty of us all.
I never thought adoption would be part of God's plan for me.
I only wanted one child.
God is so good to change my heart and allow me the blessings that He has.

Root beer floats with friends.
YUMMY!
Joy.
True Joy.
I wonder if she ever felt it before coming home..
I am so blessed to be her momma.
Hearing her laugh sends waves of happiness through my heart!
I simply never imagined this for my life, but it is so good!

Here's to hoping you get a little time with your family today.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment