Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Becoming Her Momma



The moment I was handed this little bundle I was her mother. She was my daughter. It wasn't that easy for her though. She needed to know that she could trust me. She needed to know that I would take care of her. A knowledge not easy to come by for a little girl who has never known trust or care. But it is happening! I am becoming her momma. There is nothing like the feeling of her crawling into my lap or leaning in with a slobbery open mouth for kisses. There is nothing like her lifting her arms for me to pick her up or her engaging in our games when we play. There are no words to describe what it feels like to be becoming this little one's momma. Slowly she is learning I am hers forever.


She had her first doctor visit yesterday and just as I suspected her ears are in really bad shape. I can't imagine the pain this little one is in and has probably been in her entire life because no one cared enough to take care of her. Her ears are so full of fluid, impacted wax, and infection that the doctor couldn't even see her eardrums. She is on her first round of antibiotic and we are praying that they are cleared up soon. What will it be like for this little one to not be in pain? What will it be like for her to hear clearly when I tell her how much I love her?


She continues to amaze me with how well she is doing. She slept in the sling at the doctor on my chest. When she first came to me, she didn't trust me enough to let herself sleep in the sling, but today she did! She loved her bath tonight playing and splashing for nearly a half hour. She played with the toys in her bedroom. She continues to add toys to her play routine everyday. Yesterday Daddy came in the back door from work and she walked right into his arms. Oh the beauty of this baby. I can't believe the difference in her little heart in just two weeks. She is learning that she is loved so quickly and God is beginning to restore all in her that has been broken.


The spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the blind.. Isaiah 61:1

2 comments:

  1. How exceiting to see that she is starting to feel loved & welcomed in your family. In awile she will know how truly blessed she is to be your daughter! Enjoy this time when she is little & don't forfot to write down or video tape things so u will remember them later on. Have a great day with Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited her ears are being treated. Can't wait to see this precious child again. :)

    ReplyDelete