Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Please Help


It is pictures like this one that cause my heart to cry out to God for Him to continue to use me to bring more orphans home. I received an email yesterday from a contact I have made in China. She was begging for prayer and advocacy for the handsome young man in the picture here who is about to age out of the orphanage and desperately wants a forever family.

Here is her first message about him:

"I made a call to Hui Zhou SWI.They asked how much donation they would like to pay?
They said it is fine for reduce the donation.They want to help the boy.

Last time he asked Ms Luo about the his adoption family .He almost cry and feel sad that he cannot be adopted after 14 years old.
Ms Luo feel sad and want to help him.

He likes singing very much.The party of children's day this year,he is going to sing a song for friends.
He is healthy.Seldom get a cold."


And here was her 2nd message. She apparently called the orphanage again after the message above:

"Here is the message from the orphanage.The director said they are welcome for any amount of the donation .
They just want the boy to have a happy life.
He likes singing and playing the badminton .
His heart surgery was success. He is very healthy now.
He would like to be adopted.He would like to have the love from Baba and Mama"


This young man, and so many others, are still waiting with little hope of ever having a momma and daddy to love them. Oh please pray dear friends for this handsome young man to find a family.

As I am writing this, I am thinking about a dear friend's testimony the other night. She used Matthew West's song My Own Little World. Her words had a profound effect on me and I can't help but think that I have lived in my own little world so long. So I'm thinking the chorus as I pray for this young man..God break my heart for what breaks yours. Give me open hands and open doors. Keep breaking my heart God for the orphan and don't allow me to return to the place of complacency that I have been living in for so long.

1 comment:

  1. Bless his heart! I am close to tears reading your blog today.

    ReplyDelete