Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wonderful Day

Yesterday, we went to the park lagoon and she enjoyed a walk in the carrier on momma's chest. The baby ducks, sunlight streaming through the tall trees, and the breeze blowing on her face were all magical to her as she enjoyed being there so much. Watching her experience this world is simply beautiful. The smile on her face as she turns her eyes up to the trees and gets her cheeks bathed in the sunlight is just priceless.

She was doing so well that I decided to take her to visit my classroom. She responded so well to my kids and we were able to walk up to the office and visit there too. We stayed out almost an hour and a half altogether yesterday morning. This is just simply miraculous considering three weeks ago she couldn't leave the bed in our hotel room without a major meltdown.

Then we visited the doctor in the afternoon for an ear recheck.
Let me first say that she enjoyed the lobby at the doctor's office!! :) (Oh, we have come so far.) She played with the bead toys and walked around exploring everywhere clutching to my finger as she walked. Everywhere we go everyone is still just so attracted to her. They all ask about her and want to know her story. Yesterday at the doctor, we even ran into a woman who shopped at our garage sale so she recognized Jill from her pictures there.

The doctor is beyond amazing with Jill. The entire office rallies around her and they are so caring and very knowledgeable. Her ears are better. They are still really bad BUT they are better. So we had two options..a shot of antibiotics to give her a boost or just change the oral to a different kind. I chose the oral because frankly I couldn't bare the thought of her getting a shot. I know it will have to come and I will be there crying over her, but I plan to put it off as long as I can. :) She even gained some weight-2 oz. I am thrilled because it has seemed like she is eating less since switching to American formula.

Really it is miraculous to witness her changing. Goodness...she is just so sweet and I love her so very much! Keep praying for those ears and that she will begin to eat some food soon. We aren't making much progress with eating although she is taking her bottle well.

I feel like a broken record when I keep saying-she is a living miracle and I am blessed beyond measure to be her momma, but quite simply those are the only words I can say to express my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment