Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

A Full Heart

I spent the day with my precious, oldest treasure loving on some even more precious Chin*se Orphans.  Orphans who are lucky enough to call an amazing foster home here in Beijing their home.  The care these incredible fatherless are receiving is so heartwarming.  They are loved, cherished, and cared for because they matter.  Their stories are awe inspiring.  Their special needs are bigger than most would take on.  Yet, this organization says yes to the most vulnerable, special needs treasures from across Ch*na who need to have someone fight for them.  Open heart surgery, liver transplants, cancer treatment, hydrocephalus, down's, and so much more has been experienced by those who walk these halls, but these diagnosises do not define these children here.  Love defines them.  Today, I was absolutely blessed to carry them, stroke their faces, and walk them in the back courtyard.  One angel had autism.  Oh how I miss my Jilly watching him.  Two years ago, at six, he came to live at this place.  He weighed only 6 kg then and now, that he is cherished, he is thriving.  So many, created by God, little ones who were once disregarded, but who,now, have hope because  they are in this place.  I left a piece of my heart today.  It is there at ND foster home with those beautiful children who I fell in love with today.  There are many pieces of me over Ch*na these days and, by God's grace, I get to keep three of those pieces with me.  I am grateful for my Ch*nese daughters, but all the more broken for those millions who wait here for a forever family to call their own.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment